5.25.2015

Days 31 - 39: Convenient Shopping Center

I realized recently that I really, really like convenient things, and that has been one of the main problems with Colorado Springs for me personally. Over 600,000 people live in Colorado Springs proper. That's not because it's an over-populated city; it's because there are pretty much no boundaries to the city. I live all the way on the North end, but I still have a Colorado Springs address as does my friend who lives 40 minutes away from me on the other end. Mostly this means that a lot of the errands I need to run just aren't very convenient.

I spend a lot of time in the car unfortunately. Because of this, I have tried to make the car a happier place for us all to be, but that can be a post for another time. For now, I want to highlight the shopping center that is convenient for me. It's at the entrance of my neighborhood, and it has the following things that make my life easier:

1. Dunkin' Donuts: I know I made fun of it here, but it is SO close to our house! It's fun to stop with the kids when we want a treat or want to stay out a little longer. They always order chocolate sprinkle, but I just found a chocolate cake glazed that is my new favorite there. You should try it.

2. Dominos: I can stay an extra hour on the playground after school pick-up, call in my order when I've leaving, and pick up two medium pizzas on the way home for $12.81.

3. Papa John's: In the SAME shopping center. I love Papa John's! It's my favorite take-out pizza.

4. Corner Store: a gas station SO close but that doesn't look like a gas station with the overhead lights and cover and everything. I love that I don't have to drive to a busier place to fill up my car.

5. Red Box: Right at the gas station!

6. Post Office: Do you feel like the post office is always incredibly out-of-the-way? It always has been for me, and now it is seriously right there! I kind of avoid the post office in general because as previously mentioned, I don't like inconvenient things, but when I need to go to the post office I love that it is easy.

7. Oliver's Delicatessen: Just discovered this sweet little family-owned deli on one of the rainiest days in history this week. I didn't have my camera so no pics, and basically, I'm going to count this one twice because it will get it's own post someday soon.

8. Chase ATM: Just the ATM. Right there. For a Saturday morning Craigslist shopper, this is a very, very good thing.

There are a few other shops I need to try in there. Like, there is a karate studio. There is a clothing boutique I want to check out. Also, a hair place that I might take the girls to one of these days. Overall, it's a funky, little shopping center that could probably use a make-over, but I love the convenience that if gives me. None of the things, besides Oliver's, would make it on a list of things to love about my city, except they all mean convenience when located in this close-to-me shopping center.

No comments:

Post a Comment