5.12.2015

Days 20, 21, 22, & 23: Breakfast Places

Breakfast is the most necessary meal of my day. I've gotten better over the years, but Dustin clearly remembers thinking it was strange when we were first married that I would wake up in the morning because I was hungry, and I would need to eat right away. Because of this, when I do get invited to a brunch situation, I have a really hard time waiting until the breakfast date to eat.



This means I eat two breakfasts on those days, which means these recommendations come from not a starving stomach, so they must be good, right?

Here are the four places I would visit again. I'm glad they're here even if I already did eat breakfast before I went. ;)

Day 20: The Egg & I: At the Powers location, kids eat free, so when you are toting your kids, it's a great choice. The eggs benedict was delicious and reasonably priced.



Day 21: King Chef Diner: We've been meaning to try this one for a long time, and although it wasn't super convenient with the kids, it was fun. The food was delicious and filling and the atmosphere was SO fun. Comic books are stacked on top of the bookshelf along the front window, and it's crowded and happy. For sure, have some chile verde on whatever you order. I guess it's a Colorado/New Mexico thing.



Day 22: Kneaders: I'm pretty sure this restaurant has it's roots in Utah, and it rocks. We drove all the way out to the location on Powers on Christmas Eve in search of cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, but of course, they are so delicious and life-changing that we weren't the only ones that thought of it. No cinnamon rolls for us. The french toast breakfast is only, like, 5 bucks, and all you can eat. They just know how to make bread-y items.

Day 23: Over Easy: Just went here for the first time on my birthday, and I really, really liked it. I heard the downtown location has better atmosphere, but the food was great, and by the size of the crowd waiting, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. I ordered some pineapple, coconut water, mango drink that was super delicious, and of course, eggs benedict. I don't like making it myself, so I think it's fun to order when I'm out.

So, there you have it. Over Easy is probably my top pick because of location and I want to try their pancake platter next time - bananas foster and the like. It's basically dessert. Where do you like to get some brunch when you get the chance to go out?

No comments:

Post a Comment