6.10.2015

Day 47: The Bearded Iris

13 years ago, I came home from a college class to find a bouquet of spring flowers tucked between the doorknob and the door of my apartment. They were from Dustin. I thought it was the most beautiful bouquet I had ever received. I remember there being a large, pink gerber daisy and a couple of purple irises among the others. 


 I'm pretty sure this is the first time I had seen an iris, and I loved it.


Most couples have a song that they share. Dustin and I have a flower. It is the iris.


As we've gone on our summer walks through the neighborhood, I've found gorgeous, delicate bearded irises, and also! I have some in my backyard! They're the yellow ones, but they are still amazing.



Do you have irises where you live? I'm glad to have them here however long they decide to last.

No comments:

Post a Comment